|A Community Congregation of Gold River||
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the supreme and final authority of
faith and practice.
2. We believe there is but one true, living, and eternal God, who has revealed Himself to this world
as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, was conceived of the Holy spirit, born
of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
4. We believe man was created in the image of God; that he sinned incurring physical and spiritual
death; that all men are lost apart from the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
5. We believe in the Gospel of the Grace of God, how that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and
rose again the third day for our justification.
6. We believe in Christ's ascension into heaven and His present mediatorial high priestly work.
7. We believe in the present working and moving of the Holy Spirit in the lives of men and women.
8. We believe in the personal, visible, imminent return of our glorified Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
for His church.
9. We believe in the eternal life of the believer, and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever.
10. We believe in the reality of Satan.
11. We believe that the Lord's Supper and water baptism by immersion are ordinances to be
obeyed by the church.
12. We believe the true Church is composed of persons born again through faith in Jesus Christ and
that the local church is sovereign and autonomous in deciding matters of church policy.